- I will attempt to pray during the first nursing session that happens outside of my bed in the morning.
- Taking a shower will be my first priority of the day.
- I will do no more than one load of laundry a day.
- I will attempt no more than one major cooking project a day—this isn't meant to include dinner, but if dinner comes to be a "major cooking project," then it does. (For example, today I will limit myself to making the granola that Mary told us about and not also attempt a batch of homemade baked beans.)
- As soon as I feel tired, I will grab some water or a snack (or possibly both) and get off my feet.
- I will make every attempt to only do one errand at a time (obviously not always possible or even practical), and do it in the morning, before my almost-three-year-old has a chance to sneak a nap in the car.
- Eating dinner as soon as my husband comes home will be a priority to get the kids (and myself!) the rest they need without naps and to give us some quiet time in the evening.
- I will begin making or at least thinking about making dinner at 3PM.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Now that I'm beginning to feel like myself again, I need some rules for the next 40 days (or so). So here, in no particular order, they are: